A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell by Sean Patrick Adams
By Sean Patrick Adams
- Provides an outline of Andrew Jackson's lifestyles and legacy, grounded within the newest scholarship and together with unique learn unfold throughout a few thematic areas
- Features 30 essays contributed via prime students and historians
- Synthesizes the main updated scholarship at the political, financial, social, and cultural points of the Age of Andrew Jackson
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
From its beginnings within the early nineteenth century on the website the place "art triumphed over nature," while the Erie Canal's Flight of 5 locks used to be one of many wonders of the area, Lockport burst virtually in a single day right into a thriving group that at last outgrew the canal that gave it lifestyles. After a long time of problem and alter, town now appears to be like to its excellent prior to make sure its destiny.
William Bond grew to become the 1st Warrensburg settler, whilst he arrived within the Echo Lake region, in 1787. presently thereafter, Warrensburg turned referred to as "the Bridge" since it used to be the positioning of the one bridge within the region that crossed the Schroon River. In February 1813, the city of Warrensburg was once shaped from a part of Thurman.
My Marquette is the results of its author’s lifelong love affair along with his fatherland. subscribe to Tyler R. Tichelaar, 7th new release Marquette resident and writer of The Marquette Trilogy, as he's taking you on a journey of the heritage, humans, and locations of Marquette. tales of the previous and current will go away you realizing why Marquette really is “The Queen urban of the North.
In 1939, a workforce of brief, scrappy teenagers from a vocational institution demonstrated in particular for Mexican americans turned the highschool basketball champions of San Antonio, Texas. Their win, and the resultant rebel it triggered, happened opposed to a backdrop of moving and conflicted attitudes towards Mexican american citizens and American nationalism within the WWII period.
- Triumph and Defeat: The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume 2
- Around South Hill (Images of America)
- The Fragmented Metropolis: Los Angeles, 1850-1930 (Classics in Urban History)
- Virginia at War, 1865
- Building the Borderlands: A Transnational History of Irrigated Cotton along the Mexico-Texas Border (Environmental History Series)
Extra info for A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)