Aisha’s Cushion by Jamal J. Elias
By Jamal J. Elias
Read Online or Download Aisha’s Cushion PDF
Best islam books
Indonesian Islam is usually portrayed as being intrinsically reasonable via advantage of the position that mystical Sufism performed in shaping its traditions. based on Western observers--from Dutch colonial directors and orientalist students to fashionable anthropologists resembling the overdue Clifford Geertz--Indonesia's peaceable interpretation of Islam has been eternally less than probability from outdoors by way of extra violent, illiberal Islamic traditions that have been initially imposed via conquering Arab armies.
Combining the non-public with the scholarly, this leading edge creation supplies the reader an perception into Islam and its wealthy history.
Modern Muslim-Christian Encounters: advancements, range and Dialogues addresses the major matters at this time worldwide stumble upon among Christians and Muslims. Divided into elements, the 1st examines theoretical concerns and issues which have an effect on discussion among the 2 traditions. the second one half highlights case reports from around the globe.
This publication analyses Muslim integration into English society from the 1960s to the Nineties. the writer argues that, opposite to universal narratives built around a unexpected transformation through the Rushdie affair, religious identity was once of serious value to English Muslims all through this period. The learn additionally considers what the studies of Muslim communities let us know approximately British multiculturalism.
- Egypt in the Future Tense: Hope, Frustration, and Ambivalence before and after 2011 (Public Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa)
- Civil Islam: Muslims and Democratization in Indonesia (Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics)
- No Undocumented Child Left Behind: Plyler v. Doe and the Education of Undocumented Schoolchildren (Citizenship and Migration in the Americas)
- Getting Jesus Right: How Muslims Get Jesus and Islam Wrong
- Space and Muslim Urban Life: At the Limits of the Labyrinth of Fez (Culture and Civilization in the Middle East)
Additional info for Aisha’s Cushion